In search of extra time…
Writing on a plane, look at me multitasking and whatnot! Anyways, it’s been crazy-busy here at Ashs Art.
1. Wedding guest book painting update: coming along nicely! Not too bad for my first watercolor. Just don’t tell the bride and groom that! It’s taking more time than I initially thought it would, however, they did request like 11 things to be worked in there. Also, it’s kinda big, at 24″ x 36″, it’s just taking a while to lay down the color, not including getting the image of their dog to look the picture of the dog they sent me. Hoping to have that completed in 2 weeks, but who knows the actual timeline as I am traveling for work this week.
2. Pop Up Art Cart update: last Friday I stayed up until 1 am trying to finish my Art Cart enough to make it out on Saturday. I was out from 1 pm until 4 pm and didn’t sell a thing. I was a tad disappointed, but oh well it was a good learning experience. After taking with other cartists, it seems the later crowd is better. Also I had a small error when applying for my state sales tax license so maybe it’s for the best my sales were delayed a week, who knows when the state will get around to correcting my account. Also, this week I was only showing block prints and bike print coasters. Hopefully I will be able to get out next Saturday as well! Shooting for 3:30 pm this time. If you are around, stop by and say hi!
3. Future commission pieces: Potter: I’ve been requested to paint a trough with “yard art”. Sounds like fun to me! I can’t wait! Just need to finish up this wedding piece first.
4. La Loteria show: as long as nothing unexpected comes up (that never happens…), it looks like La Loteria will be hanging the month of October at Zwei Brewing. Yay! Like I need another excuse to go hang out at one of my favorite breweries. Stay tuned for updates on that.
5. Block prints: I’m loving these block prints, they are so fun, funky, and different! I’m so busy I’ve got at least two ideas sketched out that I haven’t had a chance to carve, much less print, yet.